Tuesday, May 27, 2008

moving forward...

Plane Ticket-BOOKED.
[Friday, May 30th @ 5:22pm]

Moving Company-
ALMOST.
is being extremely nice and paying for a company to ship, unpack and set up my belongings in my non-existent apartment.

Household Goods-
A CONTINUING PROCESS...
After the previous shopping spree
[picture on the previous blog], I pressed onward and bought a new full sized mattress & a 5-piece dining room set, and put a knife set on hold [Carrick, this is when I wish that you were with me]. The mattress and the dining room set is causing me to own ~$83/month for the next year to pay it all off (interest free for 12 months)...I feel like an adult. PLUS...the mattress is a FULL...no more twin-size for me, I have upgraded!

Packing-TOMORROW...i promise!
[Deadline: Friday, May 30th...cause that is when the company comes to pick it up]
...
Memorial Day was a blast with the family. It is my first memorial day in the US in the last 5 years...we had a BBQ, dad hung up the American flag, and we went to the lake....typical and traditional..especially for our family, one of the very few Asians in my home-town :)

Pictures of the family at the lake...

No comments: